Pages

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Everyone's Dealing with Something

Please, please...hold the applause. I've decided to put words together again, shoot them out on the interwebz, and see if that makes me feel any differently than when they were just rattling around in my head.

I'm not even sure when I posted last but I'm sure I'm not more impressive than  I was then so I would advise you to prepare yourself for more of the same. Whether that's good or bad, I'll let you decide.

I've spent the last little while learning a lot of big words I didn't ever want to know and having pieces of myself cut out and stitched back together and figuring how to to manage complete duality in my head while appearing perfectly normal on the outside. You know, just your normal everyday stuff in the land of Randy.

Here's what has become abundantly clear to me throughout the course of all of this fun: the people you choose to have in your life is one of the most important decisions you can make. Those people will become your link to the outside world, your source of laughter and stability, and in some cases, your ride to the hospital for your surgery early in the morning on Christmas Eve. Yeah, those people are important.

Choose the wrong people and they become the people who disappear when you really need them, offer hollow words via cold, impersonal methods, or show up when the dust has settled and you're back to your "normal" self and they can pretend nothing ever happened. Thanks for nothing, I say.

I have some quality time on the horizon with some people who I actually love and can count on. I'm looking forward to that with infinite excitement and look forward to the comfort of being in the presence of those that can simply take you as you are, scars and all. Those people are the ones that count.

Spend your time being kind and loving people well because the one thing that is for certain is that everyone is dealing with something.


4 comments:

  1. I'm taking the not so subtle hint that you had surgery. Whatever it was for I hope you have a speedy recovery. I also hope that you and the Princess are doing well. Your words, no matter how few and far between, are always nice to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are gonna run around the block many times!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've missed you! I'm sorry you have had to deal with what sounds like pretty intense stuff in your life lately. I hope that todady finds you healthier, happier and more yourself. I also hope you come back more often. Your words have been missed around here. At least by me. You are so right to say that choosing who we have in our life is one of the most important decisions we make. It really is. When everything is all said and done, those who remain by your side after weathering your storm, are the only ones that matter. Everyone else, is irrelevant.

    ReplyDelete

I like attention, so give me some please!