As you know, I've recently decided to be a girlfriend. Now with that esteemed title, I have been taking a look at the benefits package that comes with such a title. After all, there has to be some perks to throwing a label on a person right?
Here's what I have come up with so far:
- I no longer feel compelled to constantly bust out my cutest nighttime wear. Cute yoga pants have given way to my flannel Ohio State pajama pants. And I'm not apologizing. Now, don't get me wrong, I don't plan to torture the poor guy with big full-coverage nightgowns or footie PJ's or anything quite so unattractive (at least not on a regular basis) so I keep the sexy underthings at the ready. But most nights? He's getting pajama pants.
- No more online dating. I don't think that requires any further explanation.
- An auto-excuse to not attend anything I don't want to attend. I can use the handy "I have plans with my boyfriend" line and it's probably true.
- My family has quit worrying about me being single. If they only knew all the other things they should have been worried about over the past few years...
- Consistently fantastic, on demand sex with someone I actually like being around outside of the bedroom.
So that's the short list. I'm sure (hoping) that there are more rights and privileges that come along with this gig.
What are your biggest perks from being labeled a "boyfriend" or "girlfriend"? What am I not taking full advantage of that I should be? Any major pitfalls I should be looking out for? It's been a long time since I was some one's girlfriend you know?!?