Pages

Friday, December 14, 2012

Now is not the time

I had a SCF post all ready to share with you all, but now is not the time.

I'm watching yet another tragedy unfold before my eyes on CNN right now. Details are still coming in, but this morning there has been a deadly shooting in an elementary school in Connecticut. At the current moment,  reports are that 12 people, staff and school children, have been shot and killed.

This is not OK.

This should not be happening.

Our kids deserve better.

In the time it would take you to read and laugh at my normal SCF post, I ask that you take a moment and say a prayer for all of the children and families that have today suffered a horrible loss, a loss of their innocence to the cruel things that this world can offer.

Hug your kids tight today.

*Updated 2:45
The count is now up to 27. Mostly children, Kindergarten kids. Reports are the 24 y/o gunman killed his dad at his home, then went after his mom, a Kindergarten teacher, and opened fire in her classroom. I can't explain what I feel about this. There are no words.

A special prayer to the first responders and the staff and students for what they have seen and will be seeing in the next few hours. I can't even imagine.

5 comments:

  1. I know we all say it and hear it all the time but truly, what is the world coming to? How is this happening?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart is breaking for the families and the community.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Randy, I will pray for those families. This is why I have no faith in this world. Of all the cowardly things to do, this is by far the most idiotic. I will no doubt squeeze my little girl tighter than usually on this day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't like to share bad news but as I was reading an article on this, I found this one:
    http://www.courant.com/sns-rt-us-china-stabbingsbre8bd065-20121213,0,5592318.story

    A man with a knife slashing 22 children this morning in China.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel sick to my stomach. Literally.

    ReplyDelete

I like attention, so give me some please!