Pages

Friday, November 16, 2012

"Soft-Core Friday" - Talking Twinkies

Today my friends, it's with a heavy heart that I share the sad news that Hostess, the maker of the beloved Twinkies, Ding Dongs, and Ho-Ho's is shutting it's doors. Management and Labor could not reach an agreement to resolve an on-going strike and the company followed through on it's promise to shut down if an agreement could not be reached. *Commence playing of taps*

Now, there are few things that this girl loves more than sugary filled goodness and Hostess was always able to scratch that itch for me. Twinkies and Ho-Hos were like that ex that I could run back to for a quick pick me up after a bad break up with another guy. I found solace in the chocolate covered, cream filled deliciousness. Sadly, it will be no more!

Plus, it always made me giggle to say Ding Dongs and Ho-Hos. Laughter is good and now I'm going to have to find a new snack food to share my pervy humor with. Any suggestions?

I would write more, but I have to run to the grocery and buy out the remaining stock before they run out!



But judging by the still frame on this video clip, Bon Jovi might start making new music now that he lost his job at the Twinkie factory.
Hostess worker


21 comments:

  1. I heard about this. I'm not affected since I've never really been into Hostess. I know... I'm a regular Benedict Arnold. I'm a Little Debbie girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA! You're so cute. I haven't eaten any of those things in many years...however..there is something quite suggestive about that first bite into a Twinkie...;) I'm sorry for your grief. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a huge fan of these, but I know plenty of people who have almost OD'd on them. Sad to see them shutting their doors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the travesty of it all! I just ate a ding dong. Ha! Taste like heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you know .. here in SA they're called 'Tinkies' and I don't think we're affected by this strike action. Shall I look into courier costs? They keep for months so you could make a bi-annual purchase maybe, how many do you think you can eat in a year?!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i haven't tried this but i think this is delicious..

    ReplyDelete

I like attention, so give me some please!