Pages

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

What I learned between Friday & Monday

Yes, I know it's almost the end of Wednesday. I had catching up to do, deal with it!

This weekend had me again on a plane headed west to one of my favorite places to hang with one of my favorite people. No, not Vegas, but it's just as good but in a totally different way. There are mountains, and I still got to shoot craps for a bit so maybe it's actually better than Vegas.

Instead of boring you with a slide show or long, wordy narrative, I'll just give you the list of things I learned this weekend. Deal?
1) I invented a very cool new word, and it's catching on. I won't tell you what it is, but you will probably hear it soon and know what I'm talking about
2) There are many ways to make a decision. The best is while having many margaritas and eating jalapenos.
3) Having  a picnic in the snow is more fun than you would think when you are at 10,000 ft with a spectacular view. And there's wine.
4) It's more fun to gamble when you are playing with someone else's money.
5) Unexpectedly meeting a published author/local hero in a dive bar in the middle of nowhere and getting a signed copy of his book can happen and it's kind of cool.
6) You can make an awesome and full weekend based around the concept of words.
7) I clearly do not understand most people's definition of art.
8) I am not very good at fixing technical issues in the middle of  day-long bar crawl.
9) If you have an address that is not found on GPS, the cab probably will never actually show up
10) Everything, and I mean everything, is better when shared with an amazing person.

Yes, sometimes there is a big fucking bolder in the middle of your road, find a way around it and get on to your adventure!

6 comments:

  1. At least we didn't do a cannibal musicalOctober 18, 2012 at 4:21 PM

    This is an awesome post and you are amazing too. Thanks for a fabulous weekend!! Next?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some of my BEST decisions have been made over several glasses of wine. -Margaritas make me reach for my phone and dial "wrong" numbers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great weekend! Can we go again soon? I wanna know your cool new word NOW, Pleeeaaaseeee? (Mother of two toddlers apparent)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow nice one! i bet this place is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LIVE for day-long bar crawls! This is my jealous face.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you had an amazing time!!

    ReplyDelete

I like attention, so give me some please!