Pages

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Falling Down the Rabbit Hole

I have cried a lot this morning. I'm not ashamed of it. You know why? Because it feels really good. Better than it should, better than it would have had I done a little of it now and then instead of letting it all just build up, pushing it down, ignoring why it should be done.

Now, I'm letting it happen. Not excusing it away.

Nothing is wrong. Not by conventional standards. No death, sickness, or major disappointment. Nothing to warrant the unstoppable tears. But they have come from confirmation and from affirmation and from inspiration that it is simply just OK to do it now.

Something broke through the sarcasm and the quick retorts and the "shrug it off" attitude today. And today, it's just the time for it.

So I'm letting it happen, not rushing to be done or pull myself together, or making myself feel silly for it.

Nope, today it is OK. And I feel thankful for it.


Thanks to Not the Hero who had courage to post and the foresight to link to Haven, who did us a favor and posted this link. It's not normally how I would get from point A to point B, but it was the right path today. Sometimes you just don't know where you need to get to until someone else helps take you there.

Brene Brown: The Power of Vulnerability



11 comments:

  1. It happens here too. Of course, as you know, I actually start off in the rabbit hole. Pleased to know you my fellow human person, my friend. ~ The Lonesome Jackalope

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crying as a child is one of the easier things to do. Crying as an adult is one of the most difficult, so it can be an act of bravery in its own right. Especially when there is no horrendous thing to cause it. It is sometimes just a cleansing we all need.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, zen moments. Enjoy the journey and cry it out. Sometimes it's best to just empty yourself before you try to absorb the world around you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Roller coasters are fun. At amusement parks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ~hugs~ Been there, girl. Are you going for silent tears rolling down the cheeks or full on sobbing? Either way, let it out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad I could help you out. I'm along for the journey for sure. Perhaps we can coach each other along. Much love Randy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My chest hurts because of all the tears I'm not willing to shed these days. Thanks for having the courage to do that for yourself. And for sharing it. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's not healthy to keep those tears inside. And allowing yourself to give in to those tears from time to time, is perfectly okay. I tend to put on that brave face, the heart of steel facade and go through my life. But then one day, without rhyme or reason, the tear gates break, and a flood ensues.----Good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eeee cry it out girl :) Tears that make you feel better are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hate crying, but sometimes it's exactly the cleanse and redemption I need. Good for you for admitting that it's perfectly okay to cry—in fact, sometimes it's necessary.

    ReplyDelete

I like attention, so give me some please!