Pages

Friday, August 31, 2012

"Soft-Core Friday" - It's ALMOST time!

Happy SCF kids! Excitement is in the air around these parts and I can assure you that it has nothing to do with the RNC (other than that it is over!), Clint Eastwood's  bizarre & awkward riveting conversation with an invisible Obama, or any other such nonsense. No kids, it has to do with only one thing.....the return of college football!

Last year I had a similar moment of happy as I realized it was the season of love and tight pants once again, but this year I am even more excited. It seems that it has taken far too long to get here.

Tomorrow my beloved Ohio State Buckeyes return to the field. The countdown clock is ticking, 1 day, 3 hours, 3 minutes and some change at last glance, not that I'm keeping track or anything...

Today was "College Colors" day at the Princess's school. They claim it's to help raise awareness of college opportunities. I say the district is just as excited about college football starting as I am and are using the kids an excuse to wear their gear to school. Either way, this is how the Princess is representing today.


Now it bears noting that baby daddy is not an OSU fan, in fact he quite despises them so he was very excited when I sent him this picture today. I'm guessing she'll be coming home from the weekend with him with some new team swag for his beloved...just a guess! 

That's part of the fun of this season though, the rivalries and the smack talking, the awesome wins and the crushing losses, the fact that you can yell and cheer and claim ownership of a team, any team, and totally feel like it really is yours. Be a fan! 



9 comments:

  1. Oh I'm a HUGE college football fan. WVU is my main team, followed by Ohio State because we lived in Columbus for 2 years. Great minds think alike again 'cause I wrote about football today too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it fun to be a huge fan of something?!? I'll have to run over and check out your post today. We have been on the same wavelength lately...awesome!

      Delete
  2. Randy, I needed not, another reason to bolster my belief in your awesomeness but you continue to shine like a angelic ray of light through an otherwise, cloudy day. Keep your child on the lighted path and allow her not to fall away to the dark side.

    If your ex is a fan of who I think he is, it is good for your own soul that you rubbed him out. Evil beget's evil, and you are a better person for it.

    GO BUCKS !!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This may be my favorite line of any comment ever "but you continue to shine like a angelic ray of light through an otherwise, cloudy day" WOW!! All that because I'm an OSU fan?? Love it! And I'm glad you are still around IB, you have been very quiet lately!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My apologies. I am trying to rev it up again and plan on posting something soon. Been going through an otherworldly case of writers block.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woohoo! I love College football! U of H Cougars are my team! Have a great Labor Day weekend, sweets!

    ReplyDelete
  6. An Ohio State fan, eh? Did you see me on tv, or were you at the game in person? PS- ask for the post game tour... I know a guy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think they have college football out here in SA, I feel like I'm missing out. I could go down my local college and try watch. As a 41 yr old woman, I might get arrested however.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it's kind of cute that they're...raising college awareness? Is that a thing? BE AWARE OF COLLEGE!

    IT'S A THING! IT'S OUT THERE! IT LOOMS, OFF IN THE HORIZON!

    (But I still think it's cute.)

    ReplyDelete

I like attention, so give me some please!