Pages

Friday, August 17, 2012

"Soft-Core Friday" - Geeks, and Gamers, and Nerds Oh My!

Happy SCF all! Hope you all had a great week. Strange things are happening in a city near me... and the geeks, gamers, and nerds are rejoicing.

You see, Gen Con 2012 is going on in downtown Indy at this very moment. Now, I'm not quite LARP-aware enough to really get all the awesomeness that this convention of all things gaming brings with it, but I hear it's kind of a big deal.

In fact, I would venture to guess that this weekend will offer the absolute best in people watching that this city has to offer. It would be worth a trip downtown just for that.

I was lucky enough to be flying out of Indy a few years ago on the last day of Gen Con and you would have thought that Star Wars had invaded the airport. There were adults in full blown costumes from head to toe everywhere I looked. At the airport. Think about that and the security line for a minute. Yeah...I was not a fan. And to make things even more fun, most of those "characters" ended up on my flight. I'm sure if I knew who they were or what they were from, I would have appreciated that episode a little but more but I'm afraid I'm a little shy on the gamer knowledge side of things.

For those of you that know what LARPing is and have a desire to defend your galaxy, grab your costumes and get your ass to Indy ASAP, the fate of the planet may depend on it....or something like that!

I hear that geeks are the new hotties so the chances of getting some hot nerd-loving this weekend are high. I've noticed that for some reason, almost every chick involved in Gen Con costume fun dresses basically in leather and feathers and very little else. What more incentive do you need than that?? Just don't crush his laser ray while rolling around in the stock room at the Convention Center, it will totally ruin the moment, and his outfit.


And what better way to give you an idea of what Gen Con is all about than to reference the Phineas and Ferb episode that shows all things awesome of Gen Con type conventions and the people who love them.


7 comments:

  1. I think I'm the only person on the planet who has never seen Star Wars. Yea, don't judge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. While I have no intention of LARPing, I do sort of want to own the latex body suits that go along with it! I might even want to wear one. Right now I'll settle for owning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! I'd go just to people watch all day! I'm sure there are all kinds of interesting characters milling about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not a LARPer, but I am a geek. I *almost* went to Gen Con. If it meant having a drink with you and laughing at the hundreds of dweebs, I would have been there in a heartbeat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It would be cool and scary at the same time to be around people like this. I must admit, that it's a bit creepy at the airport, but at the actual convention, I bet the outfits are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Catching up, Hey Random Girl. This post made me think about what is worse, Gaming Expo? Or SEXpo? We get regular SEXpo's out here, now THERE you'll find some interesting costumes ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. BAHAHAHA Ducky Momo! Oh, Candice. I LOVE P&F.

    Once a burlesque expo, a comic con, and an anime con all happened on the same weekend. I didn't make it into the city, but I was DYING to check out all the costumes.

    ReplyDelete

I like attention, so give me some please!