Pages

Monday, July 9, 2012

A Good One is Gone

There has been a lot going on in Randyland lately but I'll get around to all of that business later. I just wanted to take a quick moment today to recognize an amazing lady who shared herself with the world just a few weeks shy of 90 years but as of earlier today has been taken home to get to become some one's very special angel, my grandma.

One of my very first blog posts and I think my first post ever at Studio Thirty Plus was a tribute to her as well. It was just after I had been with her in a very scary moment in the ER where I thought we had lost her but she was just stubborn enough to pull through and keep smiling. Since then, her life has not been easy and she enjoyed just brief moments of it when she wasn't dealing with some health struggle that had yet again knocked her down.

Even in her final hours, which I was lucky enough to share with her, she was the model of gratitude, strength, and humor. Although my family is sad to no longer have her here to share in our moments, we are all so very happy that she now gets to continue on her journey as her most perfect self, free of pain and those things which burdened her. What a joy!

I'm not looking for sympathy or comments by sharing this news, just people to join me in celebrating this amazing woman, the family she created, the legacy she leaves, and the wonderful example she provided me with of all that a woman should be.

5 comments:

  1. Life should be a celebration, and I love that you see that, even through the grief. It sounds like she lived a good life and loved every bit of it. In the end, that's all we can really ask for...

    Props to you and your Grandma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you are celebrating how amazing she is. I hope that is how people one day remember me. The tears are to be expected but remembering the good times, the life lessons, and the laughter is what REALLY makes somebody live on forever. Hugs, sweety.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Celebrating a life is amazing! And should bring you joy and warmth and the feel good fuzzies in your heart. I know perhaps right now, you are not feeling those things, but you will. Love and light to you and your family, sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are amazing. For celebrating her life, for recognizing her strength, for letting her inspire you - you are honoring her memory in the most positive of ways. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother. I'm glad that you were able to be with her. Although difficult at times, I think celebrating a life is so important.

    ReplyDelete

I like attention, so give me some please!