Pages

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Under the Radar does not suit me

I miss you! All of you guys! I hate that I'm so far behind on my reading and comment love to your blogs but I plan to remedy that problem soon... Randy swear!

So you may recall that I participated in the wonderful Reverb11 writing prompts for the month of December. The very first one was titled "One Word" and it was meant for me to sum up 2011 with one word (I chose "Looking") and to choose a word I hoped to realize in 2012. I chose "moving". And so that's what I'm doing.

I'm down to my last 10(ish) days in my current home and city. Next weekend I'm moving myself and all of my stuff back to a city I have lived in before and left abruptly after the great life devastating moments of 2008. I'm going back with a new attitude and perspective, and sense of peace, and a very positive outlook on all that I will be doing differently this time around. Plus, Princess will get way more time with her daddy which is really the reason behind my finally getting off my ass and making this move.

I've decided that despite the many things that could go wrong or disappoint me as a result of all this change, I'm only seeing the sparkly silver linings on this adventure. It WILL be a good move. It IS a good decision. I WILL find many ways to continue to be happy and content as I am now. Those are not negotiable. They are things that were, are, and will continue to be truth for me.

So friends, I am plunging head first into all the drudgery that comes with the moving process but I'm doing it with a smile on my face and a song playing in my head because that just makes it all more tolerable. I'll try to stop in to say hello between now and then, but if not, I know you all will be around when I get settled in and have more time to play again because you are just that awesome!!

Not me, but how I feel! 


9 comments:

  1. I hope your move goes well and it WILL be for the best. You'll make sure of that. I enjoy moving. I love my place now, but I want to move. Just for the sake of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck girl. You have a great attitude and we will all look forward to you checking in from time to time. Of course I know you will come back with gusto!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tis the moving season I guess! Hang in there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. And here's me, catching up on my reading and commenting. Good luck! Sounds to me like you're in a very good frame of mind for moving and fresh starts. Sparkly silver linings indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best of luck with the move! This is a new start for you and I'm sure the adventure will be worth the drudgery that moving entails!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish you the best of luck in your move. May your packing tape never run empty. May your cardboard boxes never collapse. May you have the wisdom and the sanity to rent the RIGHT SIZE of moving truck (I speak from experience). May you have the patience to NOT throw all the random miscellania at the end of the move into whatever box you have open. And may you stay sane and well-liquored through the entire move.

    ReplyDelete
  7. *lawling at Nicki's comment*

    I hate flying under the radar, too, my darling, but life does have to take over at times--particularly during a move which I can completely relate to.

    Don't worry about keeping up--we'll always be around to pull you up to speed when you are ready to grab hands and skip along the bloggy road with us.~

    ReplyDelete
  8. good luck with the move, randy! we'll be waiting for you when you come back :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Way to take the leap. And can't wait to see you back.

    ReplyDelete

I like attention, so give me some please!