Pages

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

How Did I Forget about "Dating"?

So my last post was a little guilt-ridden as I lamented my most recent set of circumstances which includes spending time with more than one guy and liking each of them while keeping each relationship completely separate. I felt like I was doing something wrong. 


Then, like the sun breaking through the clouds your lovely voices of reason started to shine through and boy oh boy, am I glad for that! I was reminded of one simple thing: it's OK to date. Somehow, I had forgotten that spending time with multiple people and enjoying me was not breaking any rules. It was, at one time, considered common. 


Dating. Just dating. Not rushing into a relationship or feeling like I have to define (or let someone else define) what exactly it is. What's wrong with just enjoying the time I'm spending with the company I'm spending it with? NOTHING! 


As my sweet Kat reminded me: "you are DATING--which seems to be a foreign concept anymore in our culture anymore where you go on two dates and BOOM you're a couple."

Finally! Logic clubs me over the head! Now I feel better about taking a deep breath and just enjoying the moments I'm having. Thank you all for your great advice and feedback, it's much appreciated as always. 

On a side note, LB came to see me last night. He says he doesn't mind the drive and he intends to keep making it. I like that. But I did think since he was making such an effort, I needed to make it perfectly clear to him where I'm at and the other ways I'm spending my time, and that I'm OK with him doing the same. 

He, surprisingly enough, was OK with that although he assures me he isn't now nor does he intend to date anyone else. He also shared with me that he assumed that I was going out with someone else and although he's not excited about it, he understands it and is OK with it while he sorts out his divorce and gets himself regrouped from all the crap he has going on. 

So bottom line is it went better than I thought it would and we both agreed to keep on keeping on for the time being. That's both good and bad as having him not be OK with that and/or flipping out would have solved my multi-boy problem, albeit in a very punk way. 

So my next dilemma is my holiday schedule as both Twin and LB have attempted to lay dibs on me for the 4th of July and all the festivities that come with it. I'm not sure how that will all work out just yet but you can bet it's going to get a little tricky...





19 comments:

  1. OK, I'm going to dream tonight about having 2 hot guys fighting over me. You sure do have the life girl. Seriously, you need to make them do some physical competitions for your affection so we can all enjoy the festivities!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes of course, RG, great idea. Let's get them to do some physical competitions while we sit on the couch, drink whiskey and make out. I'll bring the little number score cards of course. It'll be fun!

      Delete
    2. Well you kids are just full of good ideas aren't you?

      Delete
  2. Oh the joys of dating multipe people! =] Who gets me when... and where? Don't you just wish YOU had a twin!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I don't think anyone would win if I had a twin...one is plenty!

      Delete
  3. Such a horrible problem to have two great men who long for your time. ;) I tease. I understand the dilemma. I feel like I don't have a single extra second for anyone right now so the thought of making time for two men sounds just impossible to me. I know you'll find a way to work it out though. Enjoy, dear, and HAVE FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not something I have ever had to deal with men fighting over me,now that is a funny thought so funny you might fall over thinking about it.....lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have an idea. tell them BOTH no to the fourth of july, and then come up to celebrate canada day with me! that will fix everything ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Canada Day!! That sounds like fun! Maybe I'll make it your way next year darling!

      Delete
  6. In the olden days you would have solved this problem by making them joust for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You started something with the jousting idea my friend... I'll make sure I video it for all to enjoy!

      Delete
  7. I like the idea of jousting! That would just be exploiting your Suitors (snicker) for the comedic value on your blog though. Can't ask you to do that ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so glad you wrote this! A few weeks ago I went out with a gentleman I see from time to time. I confessed to one of my friends that I felt sort of whorish for seeing more than one person and like it was taking advantage of the poor guys by accepting expensive dinners, good wine, etc. My friend asked, "Are you charging him for sex? Because it just sounds like dating to me." :) Enjoy your time. Enjoy the men. Enjoy your freedom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why do we get so laden with guilt for sharing affections with people we find bring value to our lives??? It's a curse I tell ya!

      Delete
  9. Open them both up to the idea of a 3some, share, and then watch the hilarity ensue when they both assume the position of 'alpha?'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds a little more than awkward Brandon, but I'll keep it in my pocket for Plan B if the jousting doesn't work out

      Delete
  10. JOUST JOUST JOUST JOUST JOUST JOUST....


    sorry. I really got carried away there with my medieval fantasies.

    SWORDFIGHT SWORDFIGHT SWORDFIGHT SWORDFIGHT....

    I'm done now. Swearsies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I just set it up as a full on field day with multiple competitions (jousting and swordfighting included) and use the cumulative results to decide. Sounds fair.

      Delete

I like attention, so give me some please!