Pages

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Boxes Boxes Everywhere!

Hey kids! Just stopping in to say hi and see how you all are doing. I got a few minutes to show some comment love on a few of your blogs but not nearly as many as I would like to. If you got a comment, go buy a lotto ticket because it was your lucky day! I know, I crack myself up!

So this moving stuff sucks, just in case you were wondering. I am doing it entirely on my own, which as a single-ish girl who is blowing off the guy who has proclaimed his love and undying devotion to helping me move and not getting an offer of help from the guy with whom I'm sharing my bed with more nights than not, that's just what I get I guess. I like to make things as difficult as possible on myself. I'm good at it.

There has been a lot going on with moving and boys and chaos and such but I'll have to give you all the short version of a few very long stories for the time being because I have packing to get back to and my job is still expecting me to do work and stuff too...the nerve!

First story: I helped Twin host his house warming party last weekend. I didn't really have the time or desire to do so but it was important to him so I agreed to show up, look hot, and be nice to people, which I did. The night was going well and he was in his element. I was glad I was there for him.

Until he cornered me towards the end of the night and proceeded to declare his love for and overwhelming desire to be with me, despite me telling him 100% directly that I was with someone else and intended to continue to be with that someone else. So you can imagine that that convo went not as well as he wanted and put a damper on the evening for both of us. I excused myself shortly thereafter. What a buzz kill!

Story 2: LB and I are going strong. Of course we are. What better timing to find someone that I really click with and am actually enjoying spending lots and lots of time with than when I am moving 2 hours away. Sure! Sounds perfect! Sign me up!

If it was easy I wouldn't want it, I know myself too well. There are lots of theories between us about how this will look and work post-move but my guess is that it will prove too difficult to keep up the frequent commute for one or both of us and that it will do a slow fade into the sunset. Either way, I'm enjoying it now and that's that! Don't try to talk me out of it. I won't listen.

So there's the short version of the two most prevalent situations that I am dealing with. There's always more going on in the background and I'll catch you up on all of that after the boxes are unpacked. Until then, have a great rest of the week and make sure you go out and have some shenanigans for me OK? I'm horribly behind in that department at the moment and it's making me cranky!


6 comments:

  1. hmmm, that was like a doctor's orders to go and create mayhem.

    i'm on it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty irritated that LB didn't offer to help you move in any way. That's not cool. On the other hand I'm also irritated that Twin has professed his love when you've been more than clear that you're seeing someone. Guys are about as annoying as moving!

    Good luck with all 3!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And a guy who is moving is even more annoying still. I'm on my way to buy a lotto ticket and another bottle of good whiskey. We could trade places and you could work with an army of Autistic people to move while I move myself. Tis crazy but you know I think you got the better deal of it. Hang in there - Monday will probably still come. ~ BOOT

      Delete
  3. UGH. Tell me why when you move everyone else runs for the hills? MAN UP AND PACK BOXES, WILL YOU?!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being a single chickie when moving SUUUUUCKS!!!

    (And FYI our mutual friend did not offer to help. Maybe I should have asked, but I didn't think that I should have had to so just chose to resent it instead.)

    ReplyDelete

I like attention, so give me some please!