Pages

Monday, May 21, 2012

A Different Kind of Networking

It's probably a good thing the weekend is over because I think I would have gotten in real trouble if given an extra day with too much free time on my hands. It was that kind of weekend, kids!

I'm trying to think of the long-story-short way to tell this but I can't really come up with one so you just have to humor me and commit to the story in whole.

It started innocently enough on Friday night with me having made plans with Jr. High Crush earlier in the week for us to meet up on Friday. Just. As. Friends. He knows that I'm not the girl that will reciprocate what he wants and I continuously tell him to move on. Whether or not he listens is very much in question but at least I told him he needed to focus his efforts elsewhere. And not in the cryptic girl way, I flat out, no room for questions for sure for sure told him straight out: it's not happening.

So back to the story. I met Jr. High Crush and two of his friends out to watch the Celtics game. Not because I care about it, but because they did and I'm a giver like that. Towards the end of the game, one of his friends left, but I was told we would be joined by another of his friends shortly. It was actually the little brother of a guy I used to be good friends with in High School, Jr High Crush's best friend. I remember the little brother vaguely as an annoying little kid that wouldn't leave us alone when we had a party at their house Freshman year. And I hadn't thought a thing of him sense.

Well let me tell you kids, time has been extremely kind to Little Brother. In fact, he has far surpassed the hotness level that his older brother peaked at. It was a pleasant surprise to have him join us.

We watched the rest of the game, had a few more drinks, and laughed like we were twelve. It was a lot fun. So much so that the three boys joined me at my next location, a birthday party at a bar for one of my co-workers. The fun continued on and I actually left earlier than they did to head home.  I thought I detected a little flirtation coming from Little Brother's direction but I played it off as my ego running away with me again and didn't think too much of it. I figured that would be the end of it.

But of course, you guys know it can't just be that simple. A FB friend request from him and a few emails later, Little Brother was inviting me out the next night. We met at his house for a bonfire, was joined by a few of his friends, and then were left to our devices later in the evening. Did I mention he had grown up into a very handsome guy?  Yeah, so...you know...

I left early the next morning to face down a day of drudgery not really knowing if it would be a one and done type thing or if we would be seeing each other again. I was OK with it going either way to be honest. I'm moving in a month and don't plan on bringing any extra "baggage" with me when I do. But I admit it was nice to hear from him later in the morning and a few times throughout the day. He ended up coming over last night and not leaving until his alarm went off for work this morning so I guess it wasn't one and done. Maybe two and done.Who knows? I'm not so good at predicting the future.

What I can predict is that when, and it is a matter of when not if, Jr High Crush figures out that Little Brother and I are better acquainted that he had intended for us to be with the innocent invite for us to watch the game together, he's probably going to decide to believe me when I tell him he needs to move on. It's not like I didn't warn him...

11 comments:

  1. It could have been worse. At least you were never put in a scenario when you could have said "wow, your brother does that differently..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. If Jr. High crush eventually figures it out, it's on him. You made it more than clear you weren't interested in him. Yay for Little Brother!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always amazed how the annoying little brother can turn out to be the hot, handsome catch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky bastard. Oh hell, at least there is still life out there. Go on you kids have a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He was warned and while he may not be happy about it if he finds out he is in no position to really say anything about it. You get yours girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, it's not like you weren't honest with "the crush", so all fair in love and war and casual hook-ups! lol Good on you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh shame, crush will be crushed. He should have listened to your well intended honesty. You enjoy LB! Oh, you did already ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. At least you're taking care of what you need to before you leave. Maybe lil' bro will make a roadtrip to see you?

    ReplyDelete
  9. My RandyGirl, I love the nicknames for your gentlemen callers. I'm just sayin'. And since I already have the update on LB, I'm going to do my real comment on the next post. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. YOUR BLOG IS SUCH A TREAT TO READ. I mean it. I don't even know how you keep track of all your adventures. When do you sleep, woman? Bah. I don't care. Just don't stop posting. I LOVE my regular RGB updates.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thanks Nicki!! I'm glad you are enjoying the shenanigans! And don't worry, I'll keep posting, I am a fan of oversharing plus this kind of counts as therapy for me so it should be mandatory.

      Delete

I like attention, so give me some please!