Pages

Friday, March 16, 2012

"Soft-Core Friday" - This is just a drive by

Happy SCF kids! I can't speak for all of you lovelies because you are spread out all over the place from a geo standpoint, but most of this week has been beautiful. It's the first warmth and sun in months. It's almost a little too beautiful because I have found myself outside and slacking a whole lot this week. No regrets though..you have to live in the moment right?

So I find myself in an interesting situation. Well, not sure if interesting is the right term or not but we'll stick with that for now.

Here's the deal:

Jr High Crush has officially fallen hard. And he has attempted in several direct and indirect ways to slap the "GF" title on me, all of which have been rebuffed by me. I have told him repeatedly to not get attached. We haven't seen each other in almost 2 weeks because of kid schedule and travel stuff. I am fine with that. He is not. I don't know what else to do to get the point across that I just want to keep it as is, an occasional "cool when we hang out, OK when we don't" set up . I don't think he will go for that.

I can tell you what will end up happening. He's going to get hurt. Because inevitably, I'll pull something bitchy out of frustration just like I always have done when I feel stuck or pressured into something.  I know, what a problem right? "He likes me too much" .....boo freakin' hoo...

But is it a problem because I don't like setting someone up for failure and yet I feel like that is where this is headed. After our lackluster sex situ, having nothing in common, and my impending move, nothing good will come of this for him, or for us. I hate this part, particularly this time because I really think he has no idea it's coming.

We are going out on Saturday with a bunch of friends and I know we will have a good time. He is planning on staying here afterwards which I'm fine with. I just don't know exactly how to handle it from that point. It's tricky stuff I tell ya! Someone is going to end up unhappy, and I would rather have it be him than both of us if I'm being honest.

So I'm back to the dating drawing board. Oh joy. I'm thinking I might just find a shiny new boy toy to entertain myself with for a while. I kind of like that idea better than dating at the moment.

Wish me luck!

For this SCF's song, I'm going to torture you all with the song that has been stuck in my head for almost this entire week. I hate these guys because their songs get stuck in your head for so freakin' long. It's just so catchy..... But on a good note, the cars in the video are pretty freakin' hot... I know my darling Jewels will like it!

6 comments:

  1. We (rarely) enjoy causing others pain but it is human nature to hope that if anyone gets hurt it isn't us. We all want the best for you and if he's not it then you cut ties and move on. I know I wouldn't settle for lack luster sex...sorry but that just isn't in the cards for me.

    Now...onto those cars. Damn you! I wanted to avoid that song as it also gets stuck in my head but I've never seen the video before and had to watch after that shout out. Grrr...it'll be there all day now. I should have watched it on mute. *smh* ... on another note.... *purr* muscle cars.... *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly, I say good for you for keeping the situation at arm's length. It may be tough to swallow, but pretending it's something it isn't won't do anyone any favors. And when you have kids in the mix, it's even more important to be honest and straightforward and not invite attachment/breakup drama when it doesn't need to be there. I say keep making your feelings known and if he can't hack it or doesn't want to take the hints, he's setting himself up for the fall. Have fun this weekend and keep on keepin on, my love :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not you, it's me.

    You're great, just not great for me.

    Come on, even cliche breakups will work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm... I haven't been in a situation like this for quite awhile! But I think if I were suddenly to find myself in one, I'd have no patience and, like you said, just end up lashing out. If he's a nice guy, I guess you should politely make a break for it before you snap. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really wish "MAN UP AND STOP BEING CLINGY" worked as solid relationship advice.

    Or that it would be totally acceptable to send a "BACK THE FUCK OFF AND STOP CALLING ME YOUR GF" edible bouquet or something.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lmao @ Nicki!

    You're doing the honorable thing by trying to keep it as a FWB situation. He's going to get hurt and then be resentful. They never listen to us.

    ReplyDelete

I like attention, so give me some please!