Pages

Friday, March 23, 2012

"Soft-Core Friday" - Awesome ups & shocking downs

It's Friday again already? Yahoo!

First, thank you for all of the birthday wishes that I got here at RG, on the Twitter, FB, texts, and sky writing, and... well OK, maybe not sky writing but that would have been cool. Maybe next year!

Overall, I milked the better part of this entire week under the excuse of it being my birthday week. That worked out really well. I had a smattering of fun mixed throughout the days with a little something special pretty much each and every one of them. I think I'll make this a regular thing, it's fun!

This week has brought a few ups and a few downs.. I like bullet points so let's do it that way OK?
First the Ups:

  • It was my birthday....and duh! That's awesome! It included tequila and a large sombrero so I win! 
  • Got to spend time with my closest friends and most of my family this week
  • lots of good food (as most of my friends/family took me to my favorite restaurants to help me celebrate)
  • rec league/birthday sex which is like a double awesome combo
  • OSU won last night which puts them rolling into the Elite 8 
  • gorgeous weather for most of the week and several good rounds of tennis & biking out in the sunshine
The Toss Up:

  • Peyton Manning signed with the Denver Broncos.  This is a toss up because I'm still totally devastated that he isn't with the Colts any longer but super stoked that he's still playing and doing so for Denver no less, my second favorite team.  And he's still keeping #18. My jersey is already ordered. This may be just the motivation I need to get my ass out to Denver for a while. 
And now the Downs:
  • it's raining and much colder today which kind of kills my sunshine buzz, and means no workout outside today 
  • my birthday is over, so there goes that excuse for shenanigans! 
  • I discovered that Birthday Cake Oreos are not nearly as good as original or double stuff Oreos. It was a big disappointment, I had high hopes
  • I found out that Fireman is married. 
Let's expand on that point for a moment shall we? I think it deserves more than a bullet point. Yep. I said married. And has been since last summer. I must have missed a memo because that was indeed news to me.

Here's a quick trip down memory lane for those of you who are new to RG and don't want to read all the back links:

We started up in January of last year. At that point, he was single, at least as far as he told me. We kept it very NSA and knew that we were both dating people off and on and would call it off when one of us decided to go exclusive with someone.  He said he started dating someone but wanted to continue. So we did. It was off and on most of last year. I went exclusive with Twin in the fall and called it off. He was cool with that but would still check in occasionally to see if I was still committed. I was. When Twin and I called it off in January of this year, Fireman got brought back in as my DH. (baseball reference for Naked Girl in a Dress thrown in there).

So that brings us up to current day. He has been texting me all week and I have been ignoring him so I can focus on my birthday fun times, but I got back with him last night. We were texting and covered a wide variety of topics. I brought up something about GF, and he had an interesting response "Yes, I'm not single" which was a new one. So of course I pushed it. And after a few dodges, I flat out asked him if he was married. He confirmed he was. I asked him when, he said since last summer. Shortly after our pregnancy scare (remember that fun time?) and before one of our longer breaks. 

It all makes sense really when I think about it. I guess I didn't want to know because I didn't want to be "the other woman" in any sense of the word but damn if it didn't happen anyways. So yeah, on my list of "downs" for the week, this one kind of takes the cake, and I ain't talking about Birthday Cake Oreos.

At least the Buckeyes won!

So how was your week, kids? Any surprising ups? Any shocking downs? Tell me!! I need to know that I am in good company on this crazy train! 

And a little departure from my usual SCF music picks, but today I'm liking a little T Swizzle (aka Taylor Swift) acoustic...good lyrics, simple song. 

20 comments:

  1. Married?! I'd think that would be the #1 reason for a call-off.

    I'm glad you're birthday week was a success! As for march madness, I just can't get into it. There are too many teams to like. Same goes for college football. Maybe I should try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, you would think that getting married would be the "game off" call but I guess not.
      As for college basketball, I'll make it easy, just cheer for OSU!

      Delete
  2. I definitely think your downs beat mine. Sorry about the married thing.

    It's one thing to be married for 6-7 years and do it, when the feelings fade away or you're stuck in a rut. But the honeymoon phase? After saying the vows, looking your spouse in the eye, and doing it then? Seems a little shadier than the norm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, no one is more mystified by this than me. Really. I guess I count as his bachelor party since we were together exactly 1 week before his big sparkly white wedding. Lovely.

      Delete
  3. Oh Fireman! Not cool. It's bad enough entertaining mine when he has a fiance. (I know I'm a naughty girl) but what a tool for not at least owning up to his relationship status.

    So glad that the pro's of your week were awesome though. I am glad that you enjoyed the birthday and rec league Bday loving from somebody single! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bad fireman... bad bad fireman. I have on my scowl-face at the moment. Christ, marriage isn't for everyone but why in God's name would you go ahead with a marriage if you knew for a fact that couldn't be faithful?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scare me to think that I could end up with a guy that does the same thing. Makes me sick actually. He had no problem being with me the week before his wedding. Classy.

      Delete
  5. Other than the nice weather, (which I too have enjoyed) my week was fairly middle of the road. Though I have gotten a lot of writing done, so that is a positive. =) I am sorry for your down, but happy you had ups to go with them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a douche. Did I ever tell you I wasn't a fan of the Fireman... Yea, never was.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you did tell me you weren't a fan. And you were right all along. Why don't you just come be my guy NtH? It would be so much easier!

      Delete
  7. The "Fireman is married revelation" is giving me quite a bit of interesting stuff to find out this morning. You guys won't even believe this shit! It deserves it's own post though so stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Men really do suck don't they? What a shit this guy is. His poor wife. Why is it that men think they can have their cake and eat it too? It happens everywhere I look. How could he look his new bride in the eyes knowing that? Shithead. As for my week, well my last 2 posts will fill you in there. I'm in plumbing hell. At least you had a great birthday!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, despite this situation, I don't think men suck. I think most of them are great and have good intentions....and then there are ones like this. It shakes my confidence and makes me think twice but I do know a lot of really stand up guys.

      Delete
  9. #1- I KNEW I liked you. I'm a big Buckeye fan myself!!! They are second only to my beloved WVU!!!!!

    #2- Fireman is a liar, liar pants on fire and I hope there ain't enough water in the hose to put out the blazing inferno when he gets caught in his next lie. ASSHOLE!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1. O-H-I-O! Go Bucks! I psyched that they are still in it for sure!
      2. Yes, yes he is a liar liar pants on fire. Well put!

      Delete
  10. I will kill that motherfucking Fireman!!! His ass was already grass and now it's on! Claws out!

    On the other hand Im glad that you had a kickass birthday my darling.

    (So SO furious right now)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally knew this would flip you out. Feel free to give me my "I told you so" lecture because I have certainly earned it. You were right all along my sweet Kat!

      Delete
  11. Oh so sorry to hear bout that dude RG. That stings. And I thought I was a horse's ass. :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your "down" beats my "down" -no question. That's awful RG! What a jerk! Don't be so hard on yourself, stuff happens. The good thing? You now know. Glad your birthday week as awesome blossom! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh fuckjesus. What a week. You know what? It was your birthday. Let that trump all.

    ReplyDelete

I like attention, so give me some please!