Amid a gorgeous weekend complete with my first sunburn from clocking time on the tennis court and several bike trails, lots and lots of college basketball (congrats to OSU on a stellar win against Gonzaga btw), and a solid nap, this weekend brought with it a different kind of March Madness for me. It's the best kind in my opinion. I am back on the hot & frequent sex program with the Twin. Don't judge.
This time is different. We are playing by "Rec League" rules. For those of you not familiar with the term, Rec League (short for recreation league) offers all the benefits without any of the expectations or drudgery that comes with a relationship. Rec league is just that....playing strictly for fun.
Now some of you may be wondering how this came about. Not surprisingly, I instigated this situation on Friday. All it took was one suggestive text and it was game on. I decided it was a "drinks on a patio somewhere followed by drunk sex" kind of night. He concurred and countered with "I have a balcony was a spectacular view and lots of alcohol". We were on the same page. He cooked dinner, we had drinks and a hot make out on his balcony (he really does have a great view of the city from there) and then proceeded with the drunk sex portion of the evening.
Let me be clear, this is not a make up or reconciliation. We are not a couple. Although Friday night turned into a repeat on Saturday night, followed by Sunday morning and afternoon so it kind of turned into a weekend thing by default. Normally that would be against rec league rules but since it was our inaugural weekend, we decided it was OK to get in a couple of two-a-days (4-a-days, you know, whatever) and consider it conditioning.
Rec League comes with its own set of rules. There has to be some guidelines in place to keeps things from getting too complicated if you are planning on going a full season. Different people have different rules but this is what Twin and I have come up for ours at this point.
1. The first rule of rec league is that you don't talk about rec league (come on, you had to see the Fight Club reference coming...)
2. There is no cuddling in rec league (this is for him, not me. He is a huge cuddler and I don't want to be touched when I am sleeping so I can finally make a case to shut this down)
3. Overnights & non-sex having outtings should be the exception, not the rule. Less is more when it comes to spending time together outside of game time.
4. Unless you are discussing the plan for the next pick up game, no reason to call/text/hang out
5. Don't tell me your schedule or how your day went, I don't care
6. Picking up games with another team is permissible for either of us, we just don't need to share that info
7. Awards will be given at the end of the season. Exactly what type of award is still being figured out. I think having regularly scheduled good sex with no strings is an award in and of itself so we might just keep it simple.
Do you have rules for your rec league? Any suggestions of ones that should be added to my list above? I'm always looking for suggestions!