Before I get into that, I wanted to just take a moment to share with you all my post-deconstruction take-aways from my recently defunct relationship with the Twin. It's that last time it will be mentioned. You have my word.
Here is what I learned:
1) I can and do enjoy being in a serious, monogamous relationship (that's HUGE kids, I didn't know if I was capable of that after my recent track record of shenanigans-only situations)
2) Good enough is not good enough.
3) If I'm going to be in an exclusive relationship with someone, I need them to be actively involved with my life in it's entirety, not just the parts that are easy or convenient for them
4) I need to quit keeping people who want to invest in me at arm's length out of fear and/or distrust. I need to give a guy the benefit of the doubt until/unless proven I need to do otherwise.
5) When it's not working more often than it is working, it's time to call it off. Having the same conversation to address the same frustrations over and over does not resolve them, it just confirms that the will to resolve them isn't there and it's probably not going to happen. Cut your loses and move on.
Speaking of cutting my loses and moving on, that's what I have done. The official break up has occurred and this time it was not followed up by a day and a half of break up/make up sex. It was a hug goodbye and that was that.
So what's a newly single girl to do that has been spoiled by lots of lots of good sex on a very regular basis for the last 6 months? Call up the reserves, that's what. And so welcomes the return of Fireman. Oh yes, I went there....again.
I can hear my sweet Kat cussing me out from several states away. I know how much you really despise the concept of him. I'm sorry darling.... but I just couldn't resist. I deserve many many spankings from you and will be anxiously awaiting them. *bends over and smiles*
Technically, Fireman never really went away. He has been hard-pressing me pretty much the entire time I was with Twin but because I was determined to do the relationship the right way, he was denied repeatedly and emphatically. But when he came around this time, I was single again so.... it's OK....right??
Ok, probably not OK. The boy is trouble for me. He has been for the last year. That's right kids, we have been at this off and on for an entire year. It's kind of ridiculous I will admit. But, it is kind of nice to have a good fall back guy who can pick up right where we left off and not have any of the drama or expectations that can come from starting over with someone new.
Do you have a fall back guy/girl? An on-call piece that you can count on to handle things when you are in-between relationships? I can't be the only one.... share!
Also, thanks to the awesome Lady E who has dubbed this month #WWTFIFLF Month. Join in the fun and let's rock this right! Go grab the widget and post up your words!