Well kids, I survived another one!
I am enjoying my recovery day after returning from my weekend in Vegas with Blog Boy. There were so many awesome moments that I'm having a tough time deciding what to write about first. This may take several posts so hang in there OK?
Overall, things went perfectly. All of my traveling went off without hitch, completely on time and uneventful which is rare but exactly how I like it. Pretty much everything from the room, to the food, to the entertainment, and especially the company were all perfect. This trip was a huge "WIN" for sure!
For this post, I'm going to focus on the timeline of fun. There will be lots of links if you're interested in the details or looking to book your own Vegas trip and need suggestions.
Upon arrival on Friday evening, I got to the hotel, put myself together and we were off for dinner with a friend of mine that lives in Vegas and her son whom I adore. She being local, had the hookup on impossible to get reservations at Comme Ca, a french restaurant in the Cosmopolitan. The meal was beyond amazing. I ate things I would normally never order and loved every single bite. We then headed to the Chandelier Bar which is 3 stories of beauty in the middle of it all and enjoyed several hours of good cocktails and awesome people watching. This hotel is beautiful and has an awesome layout.
After dinner Blog Boy and I met up with some of his friends at Mirage for a little gaming, more cocktails, and a night of fun. We rolled back to the room about 4am, slept for a bit and then got up and started the fun all over again.
Saturday started with coffee (of course) and more gaming. We then spent most of the afternoon in the Oleksandra spa getting a "couples" massage and enjoying the sauna. It was a nice relaxing break amid the chaos! It was then on to happy hour at Isla Tequila Bar, enjoying margaritas and some fantastic Taquitos and guac with another one of Blog Boy's friends that was in town also. We then moved on to a suite party for a different friend's birthday and had a delicious Chinese dinner in beautiful private room at Fin. Then it was out for more gaming at several casinos.
Sunday started with breakfast and a little more gaming as we prepped for the SuperBowl party that was to come. I had the pleasure of meeting up with the lovely and talented woman behind one of my favorite blogs, Lazidaisical, and we got to enjoy a few drinks over a quick visit prior to the Super Bowl party we had reservations for. She is awesome! If you don't read her or follow her on the Twitters, get on it or you are missing out!
Next, it was on to the Super Bowl party with more friend at STACK at Mirage. We had great seats, more amazing food, and an awesome time. I really loved being in Vegas for Super Bowl, everyone was wearing their team colors regardless of whether their team was playing. I was rocking the #18 in Colts Blue of course, since it was played in Peyton's house and all... it was only right!
After Super Bowl, it was still early since the game started at 3:30 Vegas time. That left us plenty of time to find something awesome to do. And awesome it was! We ended up seeing Motley Crue at the Hard Rock. It was the one thing that I really really really wanted to do when I first found out they would be playing when I booked my trip and it wasn't looking like it was going to happen. But miracles of miracles, it did happen and it was so awesome, that concert is getting it's own post to come soon.
Since I had to leave for the airport at 4am for a 6am flight out on Monday morning, it totally made sense to just stay up all night and continue the shenanigans. I can honestly say that we really maximized the opportunity for fun on this trip and there really is not a single thing that I would change.
My last trip, I did a list of lessons learned as part of my recap. Here is what this trip taught me:
1) Vegas can be just as fun as part of a group of middle aged "couples" as opposed to being all just hot chicks. It's a different kind of fun, but still an awesome time none the less.
2) Vegas is much more enjoyable when I don't have to be in 5" hooker heels the entire trip, just every now and then. To be able to walk all day/night comfortably really is the way to go and allowed me to have much more fun in multiple locations. Hot shoes, they are a girls best friend and worst enemy all at once there. They came out when I needed to dress to impress and stayed behind when I wanted to just rock out and have fun. I did not envy nor feel bad for the drones of chicks walking barefoot at the end of the night. Yuck!
3) Not spending every day at party pools and every night in trendy clubs really opened things up to more unexpected fun at crazy places
4) Motley Crue can still rock my face off and despite the years not being kind to several of them, Tommy Lee can still call my room Home Sweet Home any time he wants
5) Being in Vegas with someone who I already am super fond of and know is very cool just makes a good trip even better. So far we have had adventures in Chicago, Denver, and Las Vegas. Next up: New Orleans and NYC. Can't wait!