Pages

Sunday, January 29, 2012

A First Kiss - 20 years in the making

I have always believed in the saying that "Timing really is everything" and I have referenced it many times here at RG. This weekend confirmed that to me that the saying really is spot on.

Here's why:

As you know from my SCF post, Twin and I are on the outs. We are actually on the outs more than we aren't and that's why it's over. For real this time. I don't do drama, I will cut and run every time before I sit and suffer through a drama-filled waste of time. Be gone.

Saturday night had been booked for a while. A friend of a friend was going out for her birthday so we were joining in the festivities. I was looking forward to just going out, dancing a bit, and enjoying myself. Being newly single, I was also glad to be free of the obligation to explain myself or apologize for anything.

I had recently reconnected with a guy that I have known (and had a crush on) since I was 10 years old thanks to face book. We went to different schools but had been friends and hung out off and on throughout most of our Jr High and High School years but other than getting an update on him from mutual friends once in a while, I hadn't physically seen him in at least 15 years. That changed on Saturday night.

We made plans to try and run into each other at some point during the night and run into each other we did. He picked me out of the crowd instantly and we picked up easily where we left off 15 years ago, catching up on life and divorces and kids and the like. It was really good to see him. And he looked really good. He really hasn't changed at all.

We were both there with a bunch of friends so our groups merged and we spent the rest of the night on the packed dance floor having a lot of laughs and being silly, and working in a few moments of excellent sexual tension throughout the night.

Our groups headed out at the same time so he walked me to my car, said he was really glad we met up and suggested we do it again soon with slightly less company along for the ride, and then we kissed.

Yep, after 20 years of crushing on the guy, I got the first kiss.

Now you guys know that I'm usually not super attached to things of a sexual nature and that I can work it as recreation as well as relationship affirming and make a case for it either way, depending on how it suits my argument. But I'm going to let this kiss (well ok, we kind of ended up making out a little) stand alone as something I liked and was good being just exactly what it was....long overdue.

13 comments:

  1. Though I have not, and probably will not make any particular moves on them, there have been one or two occasions where Facebook has reconnected me with some of the hotter high school class mates of mine. I can relate to having an attraction remain for such a long time. At least on my own end.

    Really, most of the women I have encountered over the years from my high school have not changed a whole lot, surprisingly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Facebook has been a blessing and a curse for me. I've reconnected with so many old classmates, but a few of them have told me they had crushes on me way back when.

    And I'm not single. Not planning on being single. If I were, I'd have stories like yours, but gah... none for me...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having just had a school reunion after 20 years I can say with some certainty that the years have not been kind to those girls I fancied in school.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Facebook reconnected me with my jr. high school crush... I was madly in love with him back then, but when I saw him again I couldn't believe my eyes! Definitely life had been very unkind to him...

    It was a nice story! And it's awesome that you could pick it up where you left it so many years ago... That kiss certainly worths the wait

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved this! Yay for you!!! You've inspired a blog post for me! Stay tuned! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. AWESOME!!! I am so glad I read this before bed. Now I get to sleep w/a smile on my face.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like a great night! As for the Twin, I am so incredibly bad at pulling the plug. I am glad you know when is the right time and can simply move forward with your life. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the first (belated)kiss! Things like this, moments where you can be shamelessly flirty, make me miss being single.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is adorable. God knows I'm not sentimental, but it's fairy tale-ish in just a sweet way.~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks guys! You so get this and why it is something I consider pretty darn cool to have happened. Just as an update, he has done a good job on follow up, that's huge for me! We can't have our dinner date to catch up for a little while because of kid schedules and my Vegas excursion but we are both looking forward to it none-the-less. You know I'll keep you posted!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm in a similar situation, I'm flying her out next month for a weekend together after 20 years! I'm excited and hope it all works out, we've been talking/texting everyday for two months not, but next month finally the in person reunion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's pretty awesome! I hope that your meet up after 20 years is all that you hoped it would be. Good luck!

      Delete

I like attention, so give me some please!