Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Feeling Missed

There is something painfully beautiful about knowing that someone misses you. And there is something painfully sad about knowing that someone does not.

When someone misses you, it implies that you held value to them. That you somehow, in some way, matter in their life. And you not being part of it, for any amount of time, is noticed. Your absence is felt. Your space is left vacant and held sacred, awaiting your return.

I want someone that will me miss me when I'm not there, not because of what they don't have when I'm gone, but because of what they want to have return to them.

I want to feel missed.

Something kind of like this song: "Ass Back Home" by Gym Class Heroes ft. Neon Hitch

6 comments:

  1. And unfortunatly If, you believe in the one, I guess you never really feel the true essence of being missed like that till You Find that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you're in vegas and gone from blogging, I'll miss you.

    ...does that count?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all want to feel needed and loved.

    I bet there are plenty of people that miss you every day. You probably don't even realize it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who doesn't love being missed? There is hardly a better feeling than somebody saying, "I couldn't wait to see you and hold you again." Pretty amazing. I get it.

    I miss you all day when I am away from my computer. Thank goodness for twitter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure someone's out there missing you and you have no idea about it...

    Keep your eyes open, you may find that person near you and you don't even imagine it =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you've just sumised what I have been trying to say for months! Well said and so true!

    ReplyDelete

I like attention, so give me some please!