Pages

Monday, December 5, 2011

reverb11 Day 5 - Guilty Pleasures

It's day 5 already of reverb11. Today's topic made me smile:


5 Things - Describe 5 guilty pleasures

You kids know how much I enjoy my guilty pleasures! I am someone that revels in the joy of all sorts of guilty pleasures from bad television to too much chocolate to bedroom shenanigans and I do so very apologetically because let's face it, we all deserve a few guilty pleasures for having to put up with so much not-so-fun crap on a daily basis. I'll take an escape from time to time for sure! 
So in no particular order here are 5 of my guiltiest pleasures for 2011
1) my weekend in Vegas over Memorial day with my best, shenanigan-loving girlfriend
2) my many rounds of incredibly hot sex. Honorable mentions for Fireman, Secret Agent Man, and the Twin
3) a few amazingly rich and delicious meals in one of my favorite cities enjoyed over several weekend trips 
4) Lil Wayne. Yep, you read it right. I can't explain it but I love his swagga' and his music makes me happy, even the songs that should offend me. There is no way to logically justify it so I just embrace it. 
5) Tosh.0 . Another one that makes no sense but I love that show, and that guy. I think maybe it's just all the people doing incredibly stupid/dangerous things that end up injured and/or embarrassed and then lovingly share it on TV with all of us. Plus his commentary is hilarious and I like to laugh so it works for me. 


So there you have it, my short list of guilty pleasures for the year thus far.. we still have a few more days so I'm sure I'll find a few more to indulge in! 


I probably won't be posting for Day 6 as I will be spending 7+ hours driving too and from a 4 hour meeting for work tomorrow, and it's only 7 hours if it doesn't snow and there's no traffic. Fingers crossed! 


Check out twitter #reverb11 for links to all the great reverb11 posts! 


5 comments:

  1. I love Tosh.0! Such a funny show! My 14 yr old brother got me hooked on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for your comment on my blog today. it was like you climbed right in my head. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too love Tosh, the guy makes me laugh. but I don't think you should ever feel guilty for incredibly hot sex--at least not between two consenting adults that aren't married to anyone else you know. Great list. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for checking out my post today!

    Vegas sounds like the sort of place where all sorts of guilty pleasures can be indulged. I have never spent much time there myself, but if everything that happens there stays there, I may yet take a trip there myself someday.

    Can't argue with hot sex. I wonder how often power ballads assisted in that activity?

    I have nothing against Little Wayne, but I don't know much about him either. I guess my knowledge of current pop music is pretty low.

    I have caught Tosh.O here and there. I think the appeal to him is that somebody has to be publically mocking the idiots that gain "fame" by being stupid on the net. Same reason I like The Soup...some people of note just need to be torn down to size.

    Good luck with your drive, and I hope the weather cooperates!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Michael: I wish I could blame my Tosh love on a teenage sibling but no such luck, it's all on me and my warped sense of humor

    @Andygirl: I really understand where you were coming from on your post. It's all temporary so take comfort in knowing that this part will pass

    @Jason: I caught the Tosh marathon recently and watched like 7 straight episodes, my side hurt from laughing! As for the sex thing, that indeed the case in my situations so the guilt was more out of obligation, I really quite enjoyed it!

    @Ty: thanks for checking out RG! Hope you stick around for the fun!

    ReplyDelete

I like attention, so give me some please!