Pages

Saturday, December 3, 2011

reverb11 Day 3 - A Moment in Time

I don't usually post on the weekend but for reverb11, I will.


Day 3: A Moment in Time - Tell us about one moment that you lived in 2011 that you will never forget.

I like this prompt. It made me stop and think. There were a lot of moments in 2011 that I took and respected them for what they were, something that I am experiencing for only that moment in time and that wouldn't be recreated or replicated or ever experienced in exactly the same way ever again. Some were good, some were not so good.  Either way, I'm glad I finally have some awareness of that fact. 



I could go with the heartfelt, tragic moment when my grandmother almost passed away while I was standing beside her holding her hand in the emergency room late one night.  I could go with silly, when the princess and I were singing our hearts out to Lady Gaga with the windows down and the stereo blasting on a gorgeous, sunny summer afternoon. I could go the shenanigans route, when Fireman and I had the hottest, anything goes, hours long sex where we pushed boundaries and left no area unexplored. I have so many currently memorable  moments, all are treasured but most will be forgotten sooner rather than later. 


Instead of singling out one moment and writing a long dissertation on it, I am going to remember the small, but poignant moments collectively and be glad for the year I have been lucky to have. 











3 comments:

  1. Years and lives really are made up of mosaics of moments, aren't they? And the smaller moments are the ones that really add up faster than the Big Screen moments, no?

    Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in complete agreement with Mark. I actually had trouble thinking of just one moment and I like the way you answered this. The year as a whole is what's memorable. The good and the bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mark said it best. I shied away from this prompt because I couldn't think of a single moment that shone out from others this year. There were so many that could have been listed. You've answered this in a way that speaks to a lot of us.

    ReplyDelete

I like attention, so give me some please!