Pages

Sunday, December 18, 2011

reverb11 Day 18 - Doing Lunch

Imagine that... me actually posting a reverb11 post on the actual day it was sent?? Progress people, it's progress I tell you!

Let's Do Lunch! If you could have lunch with anybody, who would it be and what would you like to discuss?


I will be honest, this is not my favorite prompt. I hate that I instantly jump to the cliche' answers like choosing Jesus to get all my burning questions answered. Or several other "historically significant/interesting" people that everyone says they would like to have lunch with. Not that it wouldn't be cool to have a little Q&A time with someone that everyone says I should think is important, but I tend to shy away from anything deemed too popular, I don't trust the masses. 


This prompt was effective for me in one way though. When I thought about who I would enjoy spending lunch with and what we would talk about, it's people that are still alive and close to me and that taking time to have lunch with them and really talk, like get into some important questions and hear their stories first hand, is totally possible. And I need to do it. 


So, in that spirit, I really liked this prompt after all. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some lunch dates to schedule! 



6 comments:

  1. Good point. It's very hard to be original with that one. I think I'd say God...if he shows up, you know he's real..

    ReplyDelete
  2. my schedule is open allllllllllllllllllll week ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! I like this answer. It made me think about friends I haven't seen in awhile. We always talk about getting together and never actually do. Guess I need to get on the phone, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful answer here I liked it, I wouldn't want to have a chat with God or Jesus but that is just me I would rather have a chat with my grandfather and ask him why I have always felt like he didn't like me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not sure if I missed the call or what but if you're scheduling lunches I am waiting on one. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you didn't choose the cliche historical people answer-- I like your answer much better anyway. =)

    ReplyDelete

I like attention, so give me some please!