Pages

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Day 8 reverb11 - Joy in a Moment

It's good to remember the joys as well as recall the troubles. Day 8 of reverb11 asks us to do just that.

Joy - Take us back to a moment this year when you experienced pure, unadulterated joy.


I'm a lucky girl. I have many moments of joy in my life, it's a regular occurrence. There are times when I really will just stop myself in a moment and try to force a mental note upon myself, to remember this exactly as it happens, the feeling, the details, the happiness, forever. 


I know that someday it will be forgotten, overshadowed by a different moment, or buried under another memory. It always happens that way. But for now, this is the moment that brought me pure joy. 


The princess and I have our best quality time while getting ready to read stories before bed. I usually will cave and let her jump in my bed for story time instead of making her go to her own. On a recent evening, she was pretty wound up after her bath and decided she was going to put on a concert for me which consisted of her singing at the top of her lungs while jumping on my bed and then dissolving into a pile of giggles and attempting to tickle me. 

We were both laughing so hard we were red faced and out of breath. And then she calmed down and decided it was just as nice to crawl under the covers and snuggle with me for a while. And that too was lovely. 



That was one of the moments where I willed my memory to capture every second. To remember the smiles, and the silliness, the giggles, and the snuggling just exactly as it happened. 


I hope that memory sticks around a while because it was truly a joyous moment and I feel so lucky to have lived it. 



4 comments:

  1. I imagine that now that you have written of this moment nothing will erase it from your mind. I think the fact that you read to your daughter at night is a marvelous thing, So many have given up on those quality moments with their children. I commend you, one of the greatest gifts you can give her is a joy of reading. It was, and is, one of the best gifts I ever received.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw :) this made me smile. hopefully you two will share a million more moments like this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have those types of moments with my siblings where we're just acting like dorks and I know that I find joy in them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have those moments as well with my family...but it is so easy to let them slip by without remembering them

    ReplyDelete

I like attention, so give me some please!