Pages

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Day 27 of reverb11 - What book?

Oh if only every Tuesday could start like this... sleeping in, coffee in bed, leisurely reading blog posts and taking my sweet time getting up and around for the day. This is my idea of luxury!

Day 27: Author! Author! - Share with us the title and inside jacket cover of the book you'd most like to write.

This is kind of a tough one for me. Unlike many people in the blog world, I don't have great aspirations of being published or creating the next great American novel. Nope, I just like to write, share my thoughts, and see what other people are up to and that's what I use my blog for. It's a springboard to nothing, no sneak peek of bigger and better things I'm working on, it just is what it is at face value. 

I used to think I wanted to write a book. I have a pretty solid outline and a rough draft of a project. But looking at it now, I realize that I have used a lot of the concepts as blog posts already and the outline and draft were more like my journal of what I was going through at the time disguised as an attempt to write a book. The stories were much more non-fiction that I like to admit but I guess I'll check it up to a cheap form of therapy and some brainstorming for Random Girl posts. 

Someday, maybe I'll find something I'm in love with enough to develop into a full blown book. Someday.... 


3 comments:

  1. This might end up being a long comment, but let's see how I do.

    For me, I love reading biographies. Part of it is because I'm simultaneously fascinated as an outsider of the human race, yet feel these moments of "Oh my God maybe I'm NOT such an outsider" as I find common threads in the stories of others.

    I think that you do have a book, my darling Randy. While I've never read your outline, since you say that it's a basis for many of your blog entries, I can tell you that it's something that I would definitely read. You certainly have the writing chops to create "A Book" (<---looky at the capitals there!), and I venture to say that you have the story. I'm not saying that you NEED to publish a book, but I'm just saying that you if you ever WANT to publish a book, that it's there for you, and it's a kick-ass one. It's the story of a strong, lovely women as she grows and I personally adore those stories. (Nevermind that I happen to adore the author in this particular case.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my sweet Kat, there you go with your nice words trying to make me blush again...how ever did I get lucky enough to get to have you in my corner??? I don't say that jokingly and I'm not making light of it as I really, truly, am a blessed girl for having your support and encouragement. You know you have a pile up of big Randy kisses waiting for you when I get my hands on you darling!! *MWAH*!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Psst...you are awesome and i'd read anything you wrote. book, blog post, a note on the bathroom wall in the ladies room. Whatever.

    And I feel I need to point out (since so many on Twitter were quoting me today) "There are 7 days in the week and "someday" isn't one of them."

    xo

    ReplyDelete

I like attention, so give me some please!