Pages

Monday, December 26, 2011

Day 25 & 26 of reverb11 - So done with Christmas and Ready for a Great Song

Yes, finally!!! Christmas is over! Yahoo!

Don't get me wrong, it was truly quite a joy to watch the Princess's delight on Christmas morning, catch up with family (at least the members I like) and to put another in the books as blessed and happy. And with the ex-hubs safely back to being several hours away, my annoyance level has greatly decreased.  But enough. Really. I could not get my decorations put away and my house back to normal fast enough today. Be gone!

I do still have to revert back to a little Christmas, just enough to cover the reverb11 prompt
Day 25: The reason for the seasonWhat's the most memorable gift you've ever received?


I'm not super big into the whole gift thing and I have never been one to snoop, even as a little kid. So when my then boyfriend decided to get clever and put my engagement ring in my stocking a week before Christmas,  he finally got frustrated with waiting for me to come upon it on my own time, and made me dig into my stocking to find the ring box so he could propose to me.


He did the whole "down on one knee" thing and we went to Christmas Eve dinner with a little more sparkle in tow than I had anticipated. It was certainly a memorable moment at the time. Now it's just a little annoying to remember around the holidays. Oh well.... 


And now we get to move on to more interesting things.... 


Day 26: Music is powerful - Think of one song that you turn to time and again, and describe why it's important to you.


I love this prompt. Mainly because there is a constant soundtrack running in my head. Pretty much every memory I have is set to a song.  In fact, my most vivid memories are still triggered by hearing certain songs, otherwise they would be lost and forgotten in my brain somewhere. 


One of the songs that has struck me with a really almost unexplainable impact since the first I heard it is "Lost" by Coldplay 
The lyrics that perfectly capture the feeling of no matter how hard you try, you just can't quite get there.But the point is you just keep going. That's all you can do. So true. 
The opening line gets right to it: "Just because I'm losing, doesn't mean I'm lost..." 
And then this one: "Just because I'm hurting, doesn't mean I'm hurt...doesn't mean I didn't get what I deserved, no better and no worse" 
I hope you take a minute and listen...really listen. There are several different arrangements to this song but this is one of my favorite. 












3 comments:

  1. I'm against proposals on Christmas, for this very reason. Yes, it's supposed to be forever, but we live in a world where over half of marriages fail.

    If you propose on Christmas and the marriage doesn't work, you just ruined Christmas forever. Fail fail fail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are some years when I'm just itching to tear down the Christmas decorations, but I never managed to get them down before New Years so I'm bloody impressed that you are finished only two days after Christmas, my efficient dear!

    I'm glad that you and The Princess enjoyed Christmas despite the stress that always comes with holidays. I know The Princess got a visit from St. Nick, and I hope that Santa was good to you, too, my darling.~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great song! So many Coldplay songs mean so many different things to me: "We Never Change", "Trouble", "Fix You"...even "Viva La Vida" ...I'd explain why, but the comment would become its own blog post (and I might mention some of them on my own blog anyway)

    I hope you and your princess had a wonderful Christmas, but I'm with you on packing it up and moving it out. The toys my little one got for Xmas take up almost as much room as the tree. There's nowhere for us to walk! xD

    ReplyDelete

I like attention, so give me some please!