Pages

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Day 21 of reverb11 - Party On

It's day 21 of #reverb11 goodness. Day 3 of my vacation.

I'm not quite as bored as I have been making good on my "lunching with friends" initiative I talked about in my previous reverb11 post, taking advantage of "afternoon delight" time with Twin,  and clocking some extra time and new classes at the gym as to pro-actively ward off the effects of the insane amount of junk and perhaps alcohol I'm sure I'll be consuming over the course of the holiday. All in all, I'm enjoying my down time quite a bit now.

Day 21: Party Time - Tell us about the "best" party you attended this year.

It sounds cliche', the best parties really are in Vegas. I have proven this theory time and time again over the years and this year was no exception. 

I was lucky enough to get to spend Memorial Day weekend in Vegas with my best (although fading) gf, the one I referenced in my friend post yesterday. I think it was a bittersweet weekend as it kind of felt like the last hoorah of our super-close friendship as we transitioned into a different phase. But we went down swinging and made the most of it. 

Memorial Day is the second craziest weekend in Vegas, second only to NYE, we learned upon arriving. Every club and restaurant was sold out, cover charges for guys were commonly $50 - $1000 just to get in the door of most places. It was out of control! Luckily, we are chicks and I plan ahead so we had free VIP access into almost everywhere. We spent a good portion of our time at The Palms, as it historically has the best scene if you're into that kind of thing. 

Our VIP access was good for the whole weekend and meant not only were we guaranteed to get into the clubs, we got let in through the velvet ropes, past the hours-long line of waiting people and, and got in for free.    We saw concerts, world-class DJs, and just a general mob scene of fun and craziness everywhere we went. It was like stumbling into the world of make believe for a few days, with nothing but memories and few pictures that we can only hope never surface to prove it happened. 

The clubs and parties and craziness were fun but it was getting to live it all with my girl that made it the perfect party for me. I hope we get a chance to do it again but I'm not sure it's in the cards for us which makes me a little sad to think of. We have had weekends in Vegas, NYC, Tampa, and Dallas, and a few other places over the last few years and we have maximized our fun in all of those locations. No regrets, just great memories! Here's to hoping for a few more.... 



2 comments:

  1. I love how much you love Vegas. And yay for spending that time with your friend. Sometimes, that's just the thing to get complete on whatever it is that needs to be complete before you go your (proverbial) separate ways. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa!

    Love Vegas! And I don't gamble. I either go for the food or the clubs. No, take that back, I go for both. A couple times a year only keeps the venue fresh for the next party. Awesome!

    Dean
    http://leftcoastguy.com

    ReplyDelete

I like attention, so give me some please!