Pages

Friday, November 11, 2011

"Soft-Core Friday" - Saying Yes to Adventure

Happy "Soft-Core Friday" kids! I hope you have had a lovely week and are planning an even lovelier weekend as we are about to run head first into it.

This week's SCF is in honor of saying "Yes" to last minute opportunities for adventure, even if it requires some logistical challenges, a few inconveniences, and a dose of uncertainty. Just. Say. Yes!

So why is this my "Soft-Core Friday" for today you may be asking? Well, let me tell you...I, through a series of cancelled plans, Twin being off on his own vague sketchy  trip, stars aligning, and the overwhelming generosity and encouragement from a very dear friend, am off on an adventure that will involve a plane ride across the country and a whirlwind weekend of fun and shenanigans. It was booked yesterday if that tells you how last minute it was. I'm super excited!

This trip, in addition to a beautiful change of scenery, will give me a chance to spend a little time in real life with someone that has become a welcome presence of laughter, perspective, and support through the interwebz. Yes, it's the return of Blog Boy.   I think he might be as excited as I am to get to hang out again, but it's just a hunch.

I'm not sure exactly what is one the agenda for this little adventure but I know it will be a good time and there will be a lot of great conversation and laughter which I really need right now. There was also an odd list of required items for me to pack: a positive attitude, a devious smile, and my favorite spatula, along with furry handcuffs, a feather boa, yellow rubber boots, and a bag of skittles. With a list like that, you know there is some sort of agenda at work right??

I'll give you all the lowdown upon my return next week. I might even invite Blog Boy to chime in and give his two cents on the weekend.

Until then....cheers to saying "Yes!" to your own adventures this weekend!

6 comments:

  1. That's quite the list. Enjoy this mini-vacation and have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds excellent!! have an awesome weekend, doll! and you've got me thinking... maybe i'll go ahead and say "YES" to my own adventure i've been hesitant about... ;) enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will be interesting to see how often you say "Yes" while you are out here. Good luck with TSA checking your carry-on bag. The other passengers might blush at your toys.

    Hey Alyssa, you should adventure on over here - there is room in the jello pool for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES!!! Sounds damn fun! Is this dude cute? I can't tell because his name in the comments above isn't clickable. Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw some of the mobile pictures already and I can't wait to hear deets, my darling!

    ReplyDelete

I like attention, so give me some please!