Pages

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

My Word is My Bond: Indie Ink Weekly Challenge

It's Indie Ink time again. This week I was given a great prompt from Jen O but thanks  to work sucking the life out of me this week, I went the path of least resistance with this one, it certainly is not my best work.  I'll do better next week, I promise!


Words are just words
Simply said
Easily heard

Words paint the picture
Set the tone
Tell the story

Words capture the moment
Burn in the memory
Hit like a fist

Words mean something
Matter for nothing
Aren’t quite enough

Words bond you to me
Make you believe
Give you faith

Words break you down
Tell you the lie
Twist what is truth

Words mean nothing
Change everything
Make no apologies



This week’s Indie Ink Challenge came from Jen O, who gave me this prompt: My Word is My Bond. I challenged Liz Culver with the prompt: I'm the shell of the girl I used to know well.

7 comments:

  1. See, and I always thought the Bird was the Word...

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Words capture the moment / Burn in the memory / Hit like a fist" GAH so true

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm slightly biased so whatever you write sounds good to me. A break from trying to write something AMAZING is a welcome change, and even though you might think the offering mediocre ... it certainly wasn't my lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simple and all of it very true. 'Hit like a fist' stood out to me as well.

    Thank you for my prompt. It really inspired me.

    ReplyDelete

I like attention, so give me some please!