Pages

Monday, November 14, 2011

Above the Clouds

I'm sure you all were distracted all weekend wondering how my adventure was going. (I like to think you were at least because I like attention) so I thought I would take a few minutes to recap it for you.

This trip, as alluded to in my SCF post, was very last minute but full of promise. It did not fail to deliver. I like bullet points so below are my awesome and not awesome lists.

Awesome: 
  • prompt pick up at the airport by my beloved Blog Boy
  • Much much much laughter
  • great food, drinks, and atmosphere in a city much cooler than mine
  • a very productive business meeting on Saturday with awesome clients that I have been doing some work for 
  • free chocolate, lots of free chocolate
  • getting to stand center stage at the historic Red Rocks venue
  • an almost-nap in the afternoon 
  • a new creative challenge accepted
  • more good food and drinks
  • snuggling without pressure or awkwardness
  • coffee
  • more awesome food at the coolest tea house
  • shopping shopping shopping
  • made my flight by the grace of a 15 minute delay 
  • found myself literally above the clouds
Not Awesome:
  • long ass drive to the airport
  • bumpy flight
  • sitting through perhaps the worst executed musical ever
  • getting stuck in construction traffic on the way to catch my flight
  • not enough time in the weekend
  • long ass drive home from the airport in an "end of the world" storm


Overall, the weekend trip was a resounding success. The company  was excellent, the scenery was amazing, and I found myself feeling more optimistic about the future, excited for possibilities, and just in general happier than I have been in quite a while.  So totally worth the turbulence.

8 comments:

  1. You had more fun flying around last week than I did. I came back with a cold, and had NO snuggling during my trip!

    *sad face*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad it was a successful trip. I hate turbulence. Had some when I flew up to CT. Makes me feel sick. But so worth it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a wonderful time. I'm so glad that you enjoyed yourself and that picture is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had a great time!

    Where do I sign up for the free chocolate?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. For future reference, I have the ability to transform into hand-luggage.

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks like a win to me! :) glad you had a good time! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. The positive side definitely outweighs the negatives. I'm glad you had fun, my RandyGirl.~

    ReplyDelete

I like attention, so give me some please!