Pages

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Jared Leto Picks Good Quotes

For any of you that have followed Random Girl for any amount of time, you know of my adoration for Jared Leto aka lead singer of 30 Seconds To Mars aka Jordan Catalano of the TV teen angst drama "My So Called Life".

I have posted about him before and featured the band on my Soft-Core Friday Sex and Rock-N-Roll

Well, I follow his blog Notes from the Outernet and I am quite impressed. It's not a self-serving, self-promoting commercialized site like many musicians have. He posts all sorts of things he observes in his travels around the world and he is quite the photographer as well.

Recently he posted the following famous quote. The sentiment speaks for itself. Here's to hoping that today we are all in the arena.


It’s not the critic that counts…

July 14th, 2011 · Comments (125) · Uncategorized

It is not the critic that counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, and comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at best knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement. And at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.
-President Theodore Roosevelt
Paris 1910

7 comments:

  1. I love when hot guys are always smart and talented. Not the first time I have read that quote and it just never gets old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *writing notes*

    Deep quotes... act smart... more pictures with pouty lips...

    (I think I can do this)

    ReplyDelete
  3. He sounds like a cool guy. Love that quote.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to love My So-Called Life, and all the girls I knew thought he was soooo hot. And I have to admit I was very skeptical when I heard he had ditched acting to be a "rock star" .... just assumed he'd suck for some reason.

    Um...he does not suck.

    30STM is one of my favorite bands and while he's pretty much just another awesome lead singer to me, I do occasionally remember that he was Jordan Catalano ... and it kinda weirds me out a bit. Lol

    I usually dislike "teen idol" types, even when they grow up, but Leto is the man.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." — Mahatma Gandhi

    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." — Oscar Wilde

    ReplyDelete
  6. My sentiments towards Jared Leto are a bit mixed, but you have convinced me to go check out his blog. I'll let you know what I think soon. And I love Lost.in.Idaho's writing notes! Haha!

    ReplyDelete

I like attention, so give me some please!