Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Happiness is in the Moments - Indie Ink Challenge

It's Indie Ink challenge time again. I loved my challenge this week, it came from FlamingNyx  and was:
Happiness is in the moments, where circumstance becomes irrelevant. Tell us about your moment.

My challenge went to My Eclectic Bookshelf and will posted here when complete.

Happiness is in the moments, where circumstance becomes irrelevant



Everything about this should be wrong.

Devastating even.

This is worst case scenario by all logical accounts. Yet I am smiling.

This smile comes from a genuine place of pure joy.  Happiness like I have not felt before. 

The timing is awful. My world has literally just fallen down around me. I have nothing left.

But now I have this.

And this is mine.

No one can take it away; claim I don’t deserve it, that I’m not worthy to have such a gift.

It has chosen me.  

And I am happy. 




*don't freak out, it's fiction.*


This song seems almost perfect for the sentiment of this story. Lost by Coldplay. Enjoy

20 comments:

  1. When The Wife told me she was pregnant with our second (and last) child, she sent me a picture text that looked very similar. The only reason I was mad: She'd known all day and I was going to be home in 15 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good choice! Well written!

    CBG
    canadianbloggergirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very well written. You had me believing it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder what percentage of women look at results like that and have the opposite reaction? I like your context though. You said a lot with so little - nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, I remember that feeling!!! Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had this same feeling when I learned about #1. Joy, horror, fear of the unknown, but overall happiness.

    #2 was different. "But I thought you were on the pill..." "Oh no, I went off months ago, I'm sorry, I thought you knew..." @#$%^&*&^%$

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for that disclaimer. I do know of that feeling you describe. I've had it twice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautifully done, darling.~

    (And your disclaimer made me laugh haha!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for your comments. I put the disclaimer out so no one would go spreading nasty rumors about me or asking who the daddy was. I don't need that kind of stress running about on the interwebz.
    @Joshua: I knew for days that I was pregnant and didn't tell the hubs. I liked having a secret for a minute, plus I was kind of freaking out so I needed some time to just process before I said it out loud. Once you say it, it's real ya know?

    @Wow: tomorrow you get to see this from the flip side. You brought up a good point of how this event could have two totally opposite reactions so I'll do it from that perspective.

    @Lost: Wow, talk about "surprise" or perhaps devious undertakings.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can not tell you how totally perfect you described this feeling. I've been there. Ummm.... 4 times now....lol.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful post and thanks for the disclaimer because I was about to bug out a little bit. I have never known this feeling...don't plan too...but living it through your words was wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well at first I thought is this a good thing then I see the last few words and I am ok you had me for a moment.......lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. I held on to my secret for a little bit too. It's a very personal thing for a woman, even when shared with your spouse. I felt like the baby and I always had a private joke when they were still indoors.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I so had a different idea of where you were going with this! You got me! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really liked your writing. It shows you don't need many words to paint a very clear and poweful picture. Thank you.
    - andrea

    ReplyDelete
  16. Heh. Nicely done. Outstanding disclaimer.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful. I was there with you.

    ReplyDelete

I like attention, so give me some please!