Pages

Sunday, May 1, 2011

I Think This is What They Call A "Relapse"

Hello Kids! Hope you are all having a lovely weekend!

You know I am all about full-disclosure here at Random Girl, and that goes for the good, the bad, and the ugly. I have to confess to you kids that I had a relapse this weekend. I had shared the last few weeks that I am trying to behave myself and dial back the shenanigans a bit and I really have. That is, until Saturday night.

After finding the perfect little party dress for a nice dinner and art exhibit opening event I was attending with friends on Saturday night, the texts began from Fireman. I know I know, I fired him for a reason. But....

I had a relapse.

We started talking again on Friday and we have been able to clear the air a bit. He apologized for the drama he created. I owned the fact that I had started having expectations that might not have been fair. We decided to just try to start over. Take it back to a place of being simple and fun, a true NSA situation like it was always intended to be.

I know this is probably not a good decision.

But I couldn't help myself.

Two weeks is a long time to be good, at least for me. And yes, I realize I am making excuses in an attempt to justify my actions.

After a nice dinner, a very bizarre art show that consisted of only paintings of naked women with many of the patrons dressed in togas and a really odd "this is about to bust into being an orgy" feel to it, my friends and I rocked out to a fantastic 80's band at one of my favorite bars. All the while I was figuring out logistics with Fireman. He was to be the cherry on the top of a very fun night for me.

He was. And then some. If I had for a moment forgotten why we got together in the first place, I was quickly reminded.

And so it begins yet again. We'll see how quickly it gets complicated this time. I can't say I don't know better because I really do but I have decided to get mixed up with him yet again. Like I have said before, that boy is like crack to me, or as Jewels would say, he is like "human catnip" to me. I love that description and it is fairly accurate.

Feel free to tell me "I told you so!" when I start complaining about it all blowing up again because let's be honest, we both know that will happen sooner rather than later. In the mean time, I will be enjoying myself.

My bestie got me this T-shirt because she said it fit me perfectly. I can't disagree. I seem to keep bringing them back into the rotation.

11 comments:

  1. Firemen are totally "human catnip". I totally understand the relapse and don't think I'm too far off from one of my own...it's getting really hard to say no. That being said, I would never say I told you so! I hope you enjoy your renewed and less complicated NSA situation. I'm kinda of jealous really. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Heather.

    But how can an art show of only paintings of nekkid women be awkward? lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. What does this mean for Secret Agent Man? Still on? After seeing the NYPD fireman and their subsequent calendar on GMA last week, I can't say I blame you. In my fantasy, he is Puerto Rican like the hot guy on Rescue Me. Wait...am i typing this out loud? ;-)

    www.alotoflayers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish you the best of luck. Hope you don't get burned.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm more impressed with the nightlife in Indiana than I am concerned with you getting your flames fanned by the ax man.

    Wow, typed out that looks more awkward than I imagined.

    It doesn't seem to have negatively affected you, yet. Just keep yourself insulated so you don't get burned by the man with the hose.

    that's all the puns I have right now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Heather: Thank goodness for that, this is exhausting!

    @Jewels: I know you understand. I just feel like a punk because I have been all cheerleading you to be strong and then I pull this?? You are a better woman than me!

    @OT: It wasn't really the "nekkid woman" paintings that were awkward, it is was more all the random people in togas and shit that weirded me out a bit.

    @Onion: No worries love, Secret Agent Man is still in the rotation. He was out of town on assignment this weekend and he has been out of town most of the last two weeks for work so we haven't spent any time together. I'll keep you posted on that.

    @Lost: burned? Fireman? Pun? Got it!

    @Lance: Oh yes, the nightlife here is nothing if not odd! Excellent job on putting so many puns together in so few sentences. You have a gift my friend, truly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with Lance, although, I'd like to know where this awesome night life is in Indiana, because I live in the state and was not aware of any such place.

    Careful lady, it's all fun and games until someone shoots an eye out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a freaking awesome shirt. I would have had a fling with a woman wearing that shirt. Oh, wait...I did. She just didn't have the shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not only does the tshirt 'fit' you well it FITS you well. HA! high five from portugal my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not going to tell you "I told you so" because I have no room to talk. I would have done the same thing. In fact, I HAVE done the same thing! Why do "we" continuously go back to that which harms us or is toxic for us? Why??? My "addiction" is seemingly gone but if he were ever to contact me again,what do you think I'm going to do??? EXACTLY! lol Enjoy the moment girlie! :)

    ReplyDelete

I like attention, so give me some please!