Pages

Friday, April 8, 2011

"Soft-Core Friday" If You Had A Sex Life, Would You Worry About Mine?

No I'm not insulting you kids, it's the kicker line of my new favorite song.

Ever have one of those angry sex songs that really hits the mark on what you are feeling at a given time? Well this is mine right now. A little context for you on what has brought about this angry sex song feeling. As some of you know, I recently fired my Fireman. Yes, I know, who would have ever seen this one coming??? Long story short, the ROI just was not happening for me any more. It was supposed to be fun, easy, and good. No Strings Attached. Cum and go. Nothing less, nothing more.

Lately, for a number of reasons, it was more effort than reward. Long drawn out text fights, excuses, and not to mention his girlfriend was taking up a lot of my time. I was having boyfriend-caliber fights without the benefit of said boyfriend.  That was not the program I signed on for, kids! So as much as it pained me to do it, I fired him on Saturday night. No severance benefits will be provided. It did make for a rather inspired spot of poetry though, if you haven't already done so, check out Burn Me Down over at Studio30 Plus.

Now I know why most companies have security in the room when the firing occurs at a place of employment. The boy was not happy. Is not happy still. And continues to tell me just such a thing via text/IM/email etc. This is the hazard of hooking up in the digital age I guess. No more screening your calls. Eventually he will be at the "same place" at the same time. Awkward.

I have been tempted to reinstate his services but so far, I have resisted. We will see how long that lasts. I know myself well enough to know I am going to continue to be tempted. I'm currently interviewing his replacement(s) and am hoping that goes favorably. You know I will keep you kids posted.

In the meantime, enjoy this little gem of an angry sex song. Pretty much sums up my whole attitude on the Fireman situation at the current moment. I'm including a few stanzas of the lyrics for you,, kind of says it all but it's much cooler when you get to rock out too. The chorus is the kicker in this situation.


D.R.U.G.S. - Sex Life Video 

Desperation, before I hit the ground,
Reaching out for something.
We've lost it all before
And we still want something more.
We want it all!

Can't make you shake the way that I do.
Can't make you love,
The way that you're supposed to,
And when you come crawling back,
You'll see we can't change the past.
For the first time
I see you for who you really are.

If you had a sex life, a sex life
Would you even worry about mine?
When your bed is empty
If you had a sex life, a sex life
Would you even worry about mine?
When your bed is empty
You're a waste of time!

[ Lyrics from: http://www.m/lyrics/d/drugs/sex_life.html ]
This love was made to hate what you are.
You sold yourself and can't come back, you're too far.
And when you turn you around,
You see yourself on the ground.
And for the first time
No one cares just who you really are.

If you had a sex life, a sex life
Would you even worry about mine?
When your bed is empty
If you had a sex life, a sex life
Would you even worry about mine?
When your bed is empty
You're a waste of time!


15 comments:

  1. I've never been able to have a friends with benefits kind of thing. I wish the microchip had come programmed with that emotional attachment (or is it detachment) but ...no.

    I hope you find something better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome song. I forget where this is from, but the lyrics go "The best way to get over someone is to get under someone else."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck in your search for something new.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think Fireman read the Terms of Agreement before he got into bed.
    Make sure you make the next FB read it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So this was not the direction I thought the post was going to take. But I am sorry that things got too complicated to enjoy and now you're having to deal with the crap from a breakup. I hope he gets over it soon and you find someone who is better suited for you and can rock your world! ;)

    Now, I'm off to explore the ideas that this post has sparked in my head! Lots of love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Lance: It is definitely "Detachment" that would need programmed. I have become really good at it, not sure that is such a good thing. Don't know if I will be able to have "attachment" again. We shall see.

    @Lost: That is a great line, and there is a lot of truth in that solution.

    @OT: Thanks hon, You know I'll keep y'all posted on the progress

    @lex: Oh he knew the terms of Agreement prior to commencing, there were a lot of negotiations beforehand. He just chose not to abide by them.

    @Hannah: So so glad to have you back around Hannah! I've missed you! Can't wait to see what your next post holds.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stay strong. I know that I wasn't exactly helpful with my "Loving My Hero" posts at Naughty Nothings but I know you did the right thing. It's not easy to let somebody fun and adventurous go but you will find another!! :-) I sure hope I do, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool lyrics. Maybe u can sell them. I just don't know whose voice would fit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been married to Special Agent since I was practically a child, so I just live vicariously through you, RG.

    Nine Inch Nails' song, Closer is the dirtiest, sexiest song i know. It's not exactly angry, more like obsessed serial killer.

    Speaking of which, Special Agent was freaking out on the torso. Too weird even for his freaky ass.

    www.alotoflayers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Lemmiwinks: thanks for checking out Random Girl.

    @Jewels: Yes, you naughty thing, your series this week kept me thinking in the wrong direction but I did so enjoy it!

    @Rafa: Those lyrics are someone elses, the link to the video is attached above, but I so totally could have written them with the mood I'm in lately!

    @Onion: Glad you can come along for the adventure vicariously. Nice to have you following. I agree with the NIN pick. Very sexy in a twisted way. Tell Special Agent he has my sincerest apologies for the mental scarring.

    ReplyDelete
  11. He sounds like the girl in the relationship and you sound like the guy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You gotta do what you gotta do! Hope your "candidates" are at least making it worthwhile!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great song...sounds like you made the right call, just hang in there with the determination.
    Do companies really have security on hand when they let people go?? I've dismissed 4/5 people over the years and it's never needed security to step in...

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Wow: That pretty much sums it up. I pretty much date like a guy, which is why most guys end up crying.

    @Yvonne: Yes indeed, I am doing what I gotta do! A few interesting candidates on the horizon. I'll update in a post soon

    @G: Oh I am not one to be deterred by an inconsequential failure. On to the next one!
    As for security at firings, at least at my work, it depends on the person's propensity for craziness but security on site has been a regular thing

    ReplyDelete

I like attention, so give me some please!