Pages

Friday, April 22, 2011

Letter to My Deepest Darkest Fear - Red Writing Hood Friday Link Up

The Friday link up at Red Writing Hood was an awesome one! They gave two options to pick from but there was no debating for me, I had to go with this one. 


The first one can be written as non-fiction from your point of view or fiction from your character's point of view. It is to "write a formal complaint letter to your deepest, darkest fear"


How awesome is that idea?!? I love it! 


Here is my letter to my deepest darkest fear. 


4/22/11

To My Fear of Losing My Daughter:

This letter is in regards to your constant presence in the back of mind despite my continued requests for you to vacate the premises immediately.

You have not obtained the proper permissions to reside in my thoughts yet from the day that I found out I was pregnant, you have made yourself at home and I find your constant presence unsettling and most unwanted. Your attempts to create worry and fear of loss have robbed me of moments of joy and have taken up valuable space where memories of smiles and giggles should be stored.

I have tried to be reasonable towards your occupancy but I can no longer tolerate your intrusive, unwarranted attacks on my happy thoughts and loving moments. You constantly tell me that I can’t protect her, I can’t be by her side every moment of every day, and that accidents happen. You yell that I can’t control the situation and that if someone wants to hurt her or take her from me, I am too weak to prevent it. You take great satisfaction in knowing the worry and fear that you create for me.

If am to truly enjoy each moment that I have with her and to live with love and happiness, I must demand  your immediate removal from the premises. If you choose to disregard this demand, I will be forced to firebomb your dwelling with obscene amounts of faith, happiness, and joy.

This will be your one and only notice.

Sincerely,

You fucking know who I am

18 comments:

  1. I love this letter. Being the father of a daughter, it resonates. So, thank you.

    Made it over from the OT "Nice Rack" link. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "If you choose to disregard this demand, I will be forced to firebomb your dwelling with obscene amounts of faith, happiness, and joy.

    This will be your one and only notice.

    Sincerely,

    You fucking know who I am"


    This kicks ass! I want you on my team:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "firebomb your dwelling with obscene amounts of faith, happiness, and joy."
    YESSS!! Love that ,, YOU TELL EM
    I wish this parenting fear would leave as they get older -
    nope!
    Very authoritative, I'm not messing w/you :)
    ~d

    ReplyDelete
  4. The f-bomb really made it for me. ;)

    And what a spicy blog you have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think a lot of parents feel the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The end of this is fantastic. Firebomb - love it. And the f-bomb - showing who's boss! Power.

    Why does this fear invade so many people's thoughts?! We should all write this letter and get rid of it for good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was a powerful letter. I had to read it a few times, not the fault of the writer, before I "got it". Very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this and so, so get that fear of losing wonderful love.

    Your closing? Pure genius.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i have those intrusive thoughts and paralyzing anxiety about losing my kids, too, and contemplated writing about this. thank you for your transparency in writing about this and linking up. and thanks for commenting on my blog today too, good to meet you :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so true..

    It never really leaves, does it? It is the only thing in my life I will never truly get over. ANd somehow, it's joyous.

    www.alotoflayers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know this feeling all too well.

    That ending was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Best. Ending. Ever!
    Awesome job.
    And, oh, how I can relate.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I sincerely hope it vacates the premises and lets you start enjoying those moments fully. Nice letter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you all for the positive comments and feedback on this letter. It's really truly my deepest darkest fear and it felt good to put it out there in black and white and acknowledge it. Hopefully that takes some of the power out of the fear but honestly, I doubt it will.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I also scrammed over to Red Writing Hood and borrowed a prompt. It made me laugh, you will have to check it out. :-) Thanks for the idea, i am learning much from you.

    www.alotoflayers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well done.
    I remember that fear well.

    And the ending? Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  17. "I will be forced to firebomb your dwelling with obscene amounts of faith, happiness, and joy."

    If that doesn't scare off the bad thoughts, I don't know what will.

    Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I cannot even imagine how overwhelming it must feel to have a child because I know that protecting it would be my greatest concern as well.

    You are a kickass woman and a loving mother, my darling. If there is anyone who can tell that fear to fuck itself, it's you.~ *mwah*

    ReplyDelete

I like attention, so give me some please!